What We Do for Dogs
- Provide a safe haven for lost, stray or unwanted dogs
- Re-unite lost dogs with their owners
- Adopt dogs to new homes. Every effort is made to re-home all suitable dogs. There is no time limit placed on dogs waiting adoption.
- Provide veterinary treatment to dogs in our care
- Support dog owners in times of crisis through our Dogs in Crisis program
- Provide the best possible care – heating in winter, paired kennels to reduce stress, daily exercise and contact with caring staff and volunteers.
- Encourage all dog owners to provide the best possible care for their dogs.
- Employ staff who show empathy to the dogs in their care
What We Do for You
- Provide up-to-date information on caring for your dog and over-coming any ‘dog’ problems.
- When the time is right to adopt, we can find the perfect match for you….a Dogs’ Home dog is a friend for life
- There are a wide variety of dogs and puppies available for adoption at the Dogs’ Home. All dogs and puppies are micro-chipped, desexed, health checked, vaccinated and temperament tested prior to adoption.
- When you adopt a dog from the Dogs’ Home, you not only give this dog a second chance but you also gain a life-long friend.
- Free dog-training sessions
- Dogs’ Home Help Line
- Older Dogs for Seniors adoption program
- Humane Beings program for schools – building responsible and committed pet owners for the future
- Make the community a safer place by helping to keep stray or dangerous dogs off the streets
- Put you in touch with ‘dog experts’ and services