Humane Beings — Kinder to Year 12
Humane Beings includes:
- Activity and discussion times
- A tour of the Dogs’ Home
- A classroom pack for teachers
- A take-home brochure for parents
Children who are taught to care for animals are learning about responsibility, patience, respect and caring. These skills not only help in their relationship with their pets, but also in building successful relationships with people in their adult lives. A copy of the classroom pack will be forwarded to teachers when a booking has been made.
Key Messages for Students:
- It is important to be responsible and provide care to those who need it. This includes animals.
- Being responsible also means caring for the community.
- There are laws to keep dogs and people safe in the community.
- Dogs have needs and feelings similar to our own.
- A dog is like a best friend because they are fun to have around.
- In return, we can be a dog’s best friend by keeping them safe, happy and healthy.
Dogs’ Homes of Tasmania
Mob: 0488 776 703
Humane values and social
responsibility are key
elements of the program.